Friday, August 16, 2013

NOTD: Savvy by DB's Galaxy Nail Polish

Savvy by DB is an Aussie brand that I've grown fond of. In the past I haven't been too wowed by them and their quality was pretty tragic. Fast forward some years and I'm actually surprised with what they've released recently. 


Not long ago I bought a shade of gold crackle nail polish. They were horrid to be honest, very powdery and frosty. But when I saw this multichrome, a possible Chanel Peridot dupe there was no way I was going to turn my back on them! I purchased Savvy by DB's Galaxy which is a most gorgeous metallic golden green that shifts to blue and almost purple tinges!


This shade shines with such ease. I got opacity with 3 coats, and though it was easy to over apply thick layers with its initial transparency it didn't streak as much as I expected!


In comparison to Chanel's Peridot it's very similar and I really think that Savvy made this shade to catch on to the Peridot craze. They've released a Happy Birthday dupe in the past (which is still available if you're lucky enough to find it) and I also bought another shade called Razzle & Dazzle
which is clearly trying to catch on the recent indie glitter nail polish look craze.


So while Savvy's past has been sketchy quality wise, they are a company to watch. Recently many Aussie companies have upped the anti with on trend dupes. I'm currently interested in Savvy's baked eyeshadows and they are next on my to buy list!

These nail polishes are available at Priceline for $3. I've also bought Sally Hansen's Plume from the Lustre shine line and will be keen to compare the two.

Have you tried anything from Savvy by DB? Any hits or misses?

Love Porcelaine.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty! I love the photo with the water droplets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've had fun trying to experiment with my new camera!

      Delete

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!