Thursday, July 4, 2013

NOTD: Rimmel Metal Rush 90 Bronze Princess Nail Polish

It's not often I get disappointed with nail polishes. I can easily be pleased: If a formula sucks I can forgive it if the colour is great or I get some kick out of gimmicky nail polishes like multichromes, holographics and mood changing colours!
Unfortunately this is one of those days surprisingly with an established brand.

Rimmel a while ago released a set of nail polishes called 'Metal Rush' along with 'Precious Stones' and the Velvet Touch lipstick line. 
I grabbed 3 shades: 90 Bronze Princess, 60 Royal Blue, and Gold Save The Queen. 


I'm not completely sure why I bought Bronze Princess and Gold Save the Queen in the first place. Maybe I had enough burgundies so I passed on 'Purple Reign'? Or I felt like a nude (that's a first!). 
I don't know!

This is seriously what it looks like most of the time.

Whatever the case what I do know now is that I made a big mistake buying Bronze Princess. It has an almost gunmetal charcoal base, definitely a metallic feel and shifts from lime green to some sort of brown and then a dusty purple. I should like it...it's a multichrome for sure but on the whole it's just dull!


The green shift is quite strong given the right light but everything else sort of gets cancelled out by that dull grey base. There's nothing wrong with the formula, in fact its opaque in 2 coats. It doesn't streak badly and the only fault of application was my own mistake of trying out a peel off nail polish that hadn't dried and whacking this on top!
 But .... it's just so boring! 


Is it just me? Is it the colour? Or did Rimmel genuinely release a boring colour? It's not even listed on their website! These costed more than $7 each and I got them at Priceline as a 3 for 2 offer. The bottle is tiny and they're not cheap. Even the brush handle is taller than the bottle (I measured it)!

So what do you think? Do you love this or hate it? Am I the only one who thinks this is boring?

Love Porcelaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!